But surely that has nothing do to with anything.
So I don't really watch tv, but someone who doesn't read alternative news heard about AEY so it must be breaking through the media firewall. Major heartburn. Take another Zantac.
I would imagine the pressure in the corporate media to bat this story down must be immense. A sampling of rebuttals picked up in the blogosphere include:
- Efraim got lucky landing those $300m government contracts. Nothing more to it than that. This family just got a little enthusiastic with their business-dealings.
- The AEY people didn't donate money to Republicans so therefore none of this is a political scandal that can possible affect Republicans. In fact, uncle once gave $1000 to Edwards so HA! It's the Democrats fault, if anything.
- People who suggest that this has anything at all, whatsoever, to do with Israel are completely anti-Semitic because the only reason the arms-dealing industry is full of Israelis is because poor Israel was forced to get into this line of work to protect itself from vicious Arabs. Don't you know anything?
- Actually, it's anti-Semitic to even notice whenever Jews do anything wrong. Don't even go there. Sheesh.
- Mossad? Never heard of it. What is it, some kind of dessert?
- Let's watch American Idol.