5/1/08

When I say she lies like other people breathe...

I am not kidding.

There's so much to deconstruct in Condi Rice's remarks to the American Jewish Committee, and I hope to get to some of that tomorrow. I don't think my stomach can handle it at the moment. For now, I will just address this nugget:

I still remember my first time visiting Israel: It felt like coming home to a place that I had never been. And every time I return, and as I look upon the land where Israelis have made the desert literally bloom, and as I drive past the aging hulks of Israeli tanks, which recall the dear cost that generations of Israeli patriots have paid for their nation's survival, as I see all of these things, it is clear to me that a confident Israel can achieve things that many think impossible.

Secretary Condoleezza Rice
Capital Hilton
Washington, DC
April 29, 2008

First of all, suck up much?

Second of all, confidence?!? Does she think a lack of confidence is Israel's problem? It is to die laughing.

As usual, the truth is 180 degrees in the opposite direction. The Israelis need to try on some humility for a change. But of course, that's not something Condi could recognize in a thousand million years, being the arrogant, haughty and smug little princess that she is.

He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

No comments:

legal mumbo jumbo

Disclaimer: The posting of stories, commentaries, reports, documents and links (embedded or otherwise) on this site does not in any way, shape or form, implied or otherwise, necessarily express or suggest endorsement or support of any of such posted material or parts therein.

Fair Use: This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.