"After stalking the 43-year-old Bout around the world for more than a decade, America's frustrating legal battle to extradite him from Thailand after his arrest in March 2008 has put double-barreled pressure on Bangkok."
"And, as badly as the US wants Bout in an American courtroom, the Russians want to keep him out of it – and some other countries might well want him dead."
"Security has been increased at the Bangkok jail where he is being held amid rumors of a possible assassination attempt."
"There are concerns that Bout was supplying plausible deniability to many nations involved in the arms trade to rebels and unsavory governments around the world."
Victor Bout studied at the Soviet Military Institute for Foreign Languages and speaks six languages. He allegedly worked as a military translator and got involved in arms dealing in the 1990s.
"Russian arms sales and those of every other nation are dwarfed by those by the United States, for those who are looking for other Merchants of Death. From 2001 to 2008, according to a report to the US Congress, American companies supplied US$151 billion in arms – 41 percent of the world’s guns. Russia followed, with US$63.82 billion, or only 17 percent of the total. BAE systems, the British arms manufacturer, emerged as the world’s biggest single supplier, dwarfing even all American companies, with £21 billion (US$31.7 billion) in sales.)" Source: Asia Sentinel: Who wants the Merchant of Death?
So Bout may have been supplying plausible deniability to nations selling weapons to terrorist types, and who has been selling the most weapons? The US and BAE Systems. So who would be needing some plausible deniability? Theoretically? Perhaps the US and BAE Systems....?
A short detour here to see if we have come across BAE Systems before. Why yes, yes we have.
The arms companies making the weapons that are targeting people here, the companies that are selling stolen goods from occupied land pillaging settlements, the companies building the apartheid wall, the prisons, the East Jerusalem Light Railway system. These companies, Carmel Agrexco, Caterpillar, Veolia, Raytheon, EDO, BAE Systems, they are complicit in the crimes against humanity being committed here.
See: back rooms of the NWO, about Kazakhstan, quoting Peter Colville in The Princes and the Caspian:
Britain is the third largest foreign investor nation in Kazakhstan. More than 100 UK-based companies are operating there, primarily in the field of energy, although the St Helens-based Pilkington glass company is currently developing a plant near Kyzylorda, which was said at its inception in 2007 to be the largest industrial project in the country.See: this disaster was brought to you by, about the army's Human Terrain System:
Undoubtedly the British kingpin in this economic love-in is Sir Richard Evans, the former chairman of BAE Systems and the man who brokered the largest arms deal in British history during the 1980s in Saudi Arabia. Sir Dick is a world-renowned tough cookie. Since 2006 he has been in charge of Samruk, the Kazakh oil-to-railwaysto-airline state holding company, now Samruk-Kazyna, which controls one third of the nation's developing economy and in effect employs some 250,000 of the 16 million population. Not bad for a lad from Lancashire.
BAE Systems is a huge defense contracting company registered in the UK and serving seven home markets: Australia, India, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sweden, UK and the US. BAE Systems, Inc. is headquartered in Rockville, Maryland and handles relationships with the DoD. BAE Systems trains and employs people for the US Army's Human Terrain System (HTS) out of Leavenworth, Kansas.
HTS provides Human Terrain Teams (HTT) and Human Terrain Analysis Teams (HTAT) to augment deployed combat troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. The idea is to embed social scientists into combat brigades, and these anthropologists will help the military get on better with the local populations. Theoretically a good idea if, say, we really were in Iraq and Afghanistan to help the local populations. Otherwise, total mind-fucking and completely unethical. So much so that actual anthropologists want nothing to do with HTT.
...You may or may not be surprised to find links between BAE Systems and BP. A July 2007 piece in Executive Intelligence Review gives a rundown of several key BAE executives.
- BAE chairman Richard Olver is a former director and deputy group chief executive of BP, and a director of Reuters, the British news/propaganda arm which is headed by a Knight Commander of the British Empire, Sir Niall FitzGerald.
- BAE chief executive officer Michael Turner is a director of Lazard, the Venetian bank with ties to the British Round Table group, the French Synarchy, the Venetian circles around Assicurazioni Generali, and the United States. Lazard is also closely connected to the international war materials cartels, and to Royal Dutch Shell.
- BAE director Philip Carroll is a former president and chief executive of Shell Oil Company, the Houston-based U.S. arm of Royal Dutch Shell. Carroll is also a former chairman and chief executive of Fluor, the giant engineering company currently headed by Lord Robin Renwick, a vice chairman of J.P. Morgan Cazenove. Additionally, Carroll is a member of the advisory board of the James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy at Houston's Rice University, a school which has a long history as a British outpost in the United States.
- BAE director Sir Nigel Rudd is deputy chairman of Barclays, the largest bank in the world by assets. Barclays has interlocking directorships with not only BAE, but Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan Cazenove, raw materials powers Rio Tinto and Freeport McMoRan, and British newspaper publisher Trinity Mirror.
- BAE director and chief operating officer Walt Havenstein, who heads BAE's U.S. unit, is a former employee of both Lockheed Martin's Sanders unit and Raytheon, and is said to have extensive knowledge of ultra-secret electronic warfare systems.
- BAE director Michael Hartnell is a retired finance director of British plastics and packaging company Rexam, and is a director of Lonmin, the notorious mining company formerly known as Lonrho. Lonmin chairman Sir John Craven is also chairman of the private bank of the wealthy Fleming family.
- BAE director Dr. Ulrich Cartellieri is a long-time member of the international advisory board of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, a former official and director of Deutsche Bank, and a current and former director of a number of German industrial companies.
- BAE director Andy Inglis is a former managing director of BP and head of its exploration and production arm.
- BAE director Sir Peter Mason is the retired chief executive of AMEC plc, a British engineering firm with ties to N.M. Rothschild.
- BAE director Roberto Quarta is a partner with the U.S. private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, which has deep ties to the Morgan and Rothschild interests in the United States.
- BAE Director Peter Weinberg is a partner in the boutique investment bank Perella Weinberg Partners. Joseph Perella is a prominent mergers and acquisitions banker who was formerly a partner with current Lazard head Bruce Wasserstein. Weinberg is a former senior partner with Goldman Sachs, and the son and grandson of prominent Goldman Sachs bankers.
Well, so not such a short detour after all. Anyway, I think we can see that there is a small possibility that a company like BAE might need some plausible deniability from time to time. THEORETICALLY of course.
Let's go back to the Asia Sentinel story:
"One thing is for sure, the last thing Russia wants is Bout on American soil, spilling his guts after getting a taste of American justice meted out in a federal courthouse," said Michael A. Braun who, as chief of operations in 2007 for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), was asked by the U.S. National Security Council to finally bring Bout to trial after chasing him since President Clinton's administration.
It may well be the last thing other countries want as well. He has been implicated in trafficking former Eastern bloc weaponry, particularly from Bulgaria and Romania, to 17 African countries, according to a report by Amnesty International, as well as to the Taliban in Afghanistan and Abu Sayyaf in the Philippines. And, according to the report, while many gun runners could deliver small arms, Bout allegedly was able to deliver major weapons systems, an indication that he was probably working with governments.
"There are countless private arms dealers around the world, often operating at 'deniable' arms length from states happy to see their wares introduced to conflicts and to support often unsavoury allies few western politicians would wish to have their names linked to but whose actions are deemed as vital for anything between strategic national interest to short term expediency," the independent security consultant said.
As an example, Bout was arrested in a Bangkok luxury hotel during the DEA sting for allegedly planning to sell weapons to Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) guerrillas. He was allegedly offering the AT-4 Spigot, a wire-guided Russian missile system that has a maximum range of 2,000-2,500 meters and can penetrate up to 400-460mm of armor, depending on the type of missile used, an indication of the sophistication of weapons that Bout was able to offer, as well as 100 shoulder-fired, surface-to-air missiles, which could shoot down military and commercial planes.
After a lower Bangkok court rejected the first U.S. request for extradition in August 2009, New York prosecutors bolstered their request in February by adding allegations of money laundering and wire fraud conspiracy. Those newer, seemingly more incriminating charges possibly indicate the main strategy prosecutors will pursue during Bout's trial in New York.
The newer indictment alleges that Bout and his Syrian-American partner Richard Ammar Chichakli wired about $1.7 million through banks in the U.S. to buy two Boeing airplanes in America. Chichakli, who served in the US Army, is a Syrian-born US citizen, also known as Robert Cunning and Raman Cedorov.
Chichakli escaped arrest and may be in Russia after the US Treasury Department seized his assets.
The newest indictment said prosecutors would seek to seize Bout's alleged accounts at Wachovia, the International Bank of Commerce, Deutsche Bank, and the Israel Discount Bank of New York, according to the New York Daily News.
As you probably know, the "Russian Mafia" has a very strong presence in countries like Bulgaria and Romania, the source countries for at least some of Bout's alleged weapons.
(Evidently, in criminal tattoos, the number of "church tops"
indicates the number of times the dearly departed went to jail.)
From a message board, dated 12/30/07:
In the 1990's this creep was living in a Hungarian castle, in luxury. He was guarded by women trained in marshall arts, dressed in gold colored uniforms, until one day Hungarian border guards discovered two suitcase nukes, in a car belonging to Mogilevich's associates. Needless to say Semyon did not even pack his bags, he just disappeared together with his women guards. He turned up in Israel, where he built a huge mansion in Netanyah, where majority of residents are ex Russian KGB agents, and Russian is spoken everywhere. This is also the place where other gangsters abide, such as Nevzlin brothers, who are frequently visited by the big shots of Jewish Mafia such as Victor Bout, Boris Berezovsky, Mark Rich and Gusinski.
Today this Mafia is engaged in the largest arms and dope dealing system known to man. Victor Bout operates dozens of cargo airplanes from Sharjah, They deliver the arms to both sides in the Sudanese conflict as well as Somalia and the Horn of Africa. If it was not for their greed for money the wars in Africa would have petered out long ago.
Sharjah, UAE, next door to Dubai